Although I am now much too old to start thinking along such lines myself, I have at least given it some thought, primarily because of comments I have seen on YouTube where I have read several wishes for one or another of the Vocaloids to marry the commenter.
I have thus considered the subject in some depth, and come to the following conclusions. They are, I think, significant!
this site tells me that I'd have married Mayu (who is the first yandere Vocaloid so this is something of a dangerous proposition!) and that the wedding song would be Meltdown.
If it hadn't been for Mayu's latent psychotic nature I have to admit that the idea does have some appeal...
First, the plus points...
- Her running costs are very low: just some electricity to power the projector when needed;
- There'll be no waiting around for her to get ready. Her call of "I'll be there in just a second" will become literally true, for the first time in history;
- You won't be subject to any nagging;
- There are no in-laws;
- She will never grow old and wrinkly;
- You can be entertained with top-quality singing whenever you need a bit of cheering up;
- There can be no unfaithfulness: others can get their own, separate copy of your wife. I know that will seem odd at first, but you'll get used to the idea.
- The marriage vow "to have and to hold" cannot be met, as there is nothing physical to hold;
- You'll have to do all your own cooking, but at least it's only for one;
- If you're out somewhere with another couple including the same Vocaloid, unless they're wearing different costumes it could get somewhat confusing;
- It could feel awkward if you're eating and/or drinking, as your spouse cannot share in this. You cannot even chink glasses together;
- You cannot have children – though you could always download 'chibi' versions of your good lady, such as Hachune Miku or any of the others. At least they don't have nappies (diapers) to deal with...