Wednesday 19 December 2012

Parish Notice – December 2012

I have had to take the roadworks widget off the 'blog as it stopped showing any current/upcoming roadworks a few weeks ago. In case it was just a fault waiting to be fixed, I let it ride for a while, but kept an eye on it.

Since then, it has become clear that not only has the ELGIN (Electronic Local Government Information Network) that provided the widget now ceased to be, there is also no replacement or substitute available that I can find (and I really have had a good search around). The current roadworks.org site does not offer such a facility, only email alerts.

Therefore that quite useful facility has gone – hopefully not permanently, but certainly for the time being. I shall keep a watch for a replacement widget or similar that I can include on this 'blog, as I know it was considered to be of value to several regular visitors here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments welcome, with 'clean' language, though not anonymous attacks. Note that comment moderation is enabled, and anonymous comments have again been disallowed as the facility has been abused.