Wednesday 23 January 2013

GEEK 2013

GEEK in this context stands for Games Expo East Kent, and is an event coming to Margate next month. Last year's debut event was apparently so successful that this looks like becoming a regular annual event. I consider that to be a Good Thing!

I, of course, have the connection to Margate that I have mentioned a couple of times before: the little office the then DTI's regional office had there in the Old Town Hall, which I visited typically once or twice a year.

Thus I have a hankering to revisit the old area, which I quite liked – though I am perhaps too old now to battle it out with the young gamers of today. My own gaming is not in their league, and originates in the decades of the 'eighties and 'nineties. The world has moved on somewhat since those times...

Anyway, the event will be based at several locations in Margate, including the Winter Gardens, between 21st and 24th February 2013 (during schools' half-term).

Here is the event's promotional video...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments welcome, with 'clean' language, though not anonymous attacks. Note that comment moderation is enabled, and anonymous comments have again been disallowed as the facility has been abused.