Tuesday 14 January 2014

The Lonely Shepherd

I check early each year to find out whether the definitive performance by Gheorghe Zamfir with James Last, performing the latter's composition The Lonely Shepherd, has come back onto YouTube somewhere. This was the live performance with James Last's orchestra in London way back in 1978.

As it turns out, this video was uploaded nine months or so ago, after my previous check, so I missed it until now.

Those who know the version of this on albums and at other live performances will, I am sure, be freshly moved by this performance, which is really special – and which lodged itself firmly in my memory when that concert was broadcast on television all those years ago...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments welcome, with 'clean' language, though not anonymous attacks. Note that comment moderation is enabled, and anonymous comments have again been disallowed as the facility has been abused.