Saturday 25 August 2012

Beam Me Up, Scotty!

...Or, at least, give me something memorable to quote. Okay, here's one, at number eleven in this list, though it's incomplete and incorrect so I've filled in the (two) gaps, and corrected the errors, from my own mental database...
""How much re-fit time, until we can take her out of here?" -- Kirk,

"Eight weeks. But you don't have eight weeks, so I'll do it for you in two." -- Scotty,

"Mr Scott: have you always multiplied your repair estimates by a factor of four?" -- Kirk,

"Certainly, Sir! How else can I keep my reputation as a miracle worker?" -- Scotty,

"Your reputation is secure, Scotty." -- Kirk, 
(from: Star Trek III: The Search For Spock)

 UPDATE: I've found a video clip of this bit, which has allowed me to get the wording precisely correct now...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments welcome, with 'clean' language, though not anonymous attacks. Note that comment moderation is enabled, and anonymous comments have again been disallowed as the facility has been abused.