I have selected a few that I believe will be of interest to at least some (perhaps most) of this 'blog's regular readers in particular, especially the first three (from Iain Martin, Douglas Murray and James Higham) in the following list...
- Iain Martin (Telegraph) – a game of two halves, Danny Boyle and then it went 'creepy';
- Douglas Murray (Spectator) – disliking the event does not make someone 'a Nazi';
- James Higham (Orphans of Liberty) – a sudden huge swing of public opinion; and a reminder that if you have millions to spend of course it will be spectacular;
- Jason Groves (Mail) – Labour Party's glee at what seemed like a huge advert for their position;
- Paul Kelso / Patrick Hennessy (Telegraph) – Ministers' suggestions regarding the opening ceremony;
- Benjamin Harris-Quinney (Commentator) – a comparison with Beijing 2008 and what our opening ceremony really means; and (for completeness...)
- Yahoo! Sports – viewing statistics
Read and learn, even if you don't always agree with what has been written!